- 29 April:Deadline for applications
- 5 May:Results announced
- 8 June:Arriving to NYC
- 9-10 June:Meetings, networking program
- 11-12 June:Exhibition, pitch event at Northside Festival
- 13 June:Return to Budapest
Now in its seventh year, Northside is a discovery festival, taking place in North Brooklyn. Programming is broken into three major components over the course of a week: Music, Innovation and Film. This year, Hungary has been invited as the guest of honour to introduce the best Hungarian musicians, innovators & films.
Northside Innovation is where those in the know come to discover what's next in technology, entrepreneurship, content and design. Northside Innovation has two major components: the Northside Innovation Expo and the Northside Innovation Conference on June 11th and 12th.
The Northside Innovation Conference celebrates the technologists, entrepreneurs, designers, and content creators who are changing our shared experience. Original programming across three verticals,entrepreneurship, content and design, includes keynotes, fireside chats, panels, workshops and pitch competitions from the world's innovation leaders. Northside Innovation is New York's biggest tech party!
Learn more about Northside Festival at their official website.
- "The Northside Festival has grown into a compact and intensely Brooklyn counterpoint to South by Southwest."
- "[Northside] adopts a model similar to CMJ or SXSW... but less corporate, more affordable, and generally more fan-friendly."
- "The real driving spirit is the act of discovery, enhancing that moment of discovery and providing it."
- "New York offers one of the strongest financial ecosystem in the world and a growing availability of venture capital. "
- "The average investment size in New York is about $11 million, while the average size in Europe is below $6 million – making New York City the place to be for later stage investments."
- "New York is an important gateway to the U.S. and to global markets, with 52 of the 500 Fortune companies, from finance to fashion, having their headquarters there. This offers opportunities for synergies between startups and large corporations."
- "With its fiscal policy, good strategic location, and its globally operating companies, New York could become the new leading startup hub, attracting ambitious European startups."
In cooperation with our collaborating partners, we are opening a call for applications to select 9 Hungarian startups that will have the chance to travel to New York City and attend the 2015 Northside festival.
Our goal is to help promising early stage startups to meet and establish relationships with potential customers, partners and high profile industry leaders alike. We believe that talent is evenly distributed in the world, but opportunity is not - so our goal is to put this amazing chance within reach for talented local entrepreneurs, allowing them to take a vital step towards global success.
The 9 winning companies will be able to delegate one team member each, who will receive a startup package including accommodations as well as opportunities to pitch and exhibit. All we ask of you in return is to do your best to leverage the benefits of the festival, write a blog post and broadcast your experience on Social Media during the event.nce on Social Media during the event.
Hit apply and fill in the application by 29 April, 2015. The applications will be evaluated by a prestigious jury and the winners will be announced by 5 May, 2015. We will notify each applicant via email, (however, please note that we are not able to provide a detailed explanation regarding the jury’s decision).
- Free Northside Innovation pass
- Free accommodation (airfare must be payed by the participants)
- Exhibition opportunity
- Participation at pitch events
- Participation at exclusive networking events
- Meetings with outstanding members of the New York tech scene
- Entry to Northside parties
- Hungary-based product development
- Product launched no earlier than 2012 and no later than 2015
- Must not have raised over 1 million USD in funds from combined funding sources
- Each company may apply with only one product
- The team must be able to finance their own airfare
The evaluation of each application is based on predetermined factors, based on the following four criteria: (1) your product must have some sort of validation or traction - you need to present evidence that there is a need for your solution and you are solving real problems. (2) When evaluating how unique your product is, the jury will examine whether it is different or better than what competitors offer. (3) It is crucial that you must set clear goals in terms of what you want to achieve at the event. (4) Last but not least your team. The application must give a clear answer to why this is the right team to build a company and represent the Hungarian startup scene at the festival?
About Design Terminal
Design Terminal is the national center for creative industries in Budapest, Hungary. With the stimulation of digital economy, industrial design and urban planning, our mission is to support value-added local enterprises reaching the global marketplace. Our competition-based, free incubation services include business consultation and mentoring, local and international trade show presence as well as early stage investment mediation. In 2015, Design Terminal was awarded European Enterprise Promotion Awards by the European Commission.